For the correct ground cover choice, we must consider:
Spatial location of the crop structure:
- Distance between furrows: distance between the sowing lengths defined in the crop.
- Distance between the crop structure support columns.
Control Variables of Interest:
- Identify the different variables that affect the crop and that I wish to control (weeds, pests, water use, field cultivation, fruit safety, efficiency in nutritional and phytosanitary applications).
- Identify the desired effect on the plant (elongation, precocity of harvest).
- Adequate temperature level for the crop.